Saturday, February 11, 2012

It’s Tempting to Skip This Blog - Envisia

February 10, 2012 by Ken Nowack


EXCERPTS:

I bet you can’t stop reading the rest of this Blog as it contains a hint about becoming more effective at resisting temptation.

In a series of recent interesting experiments, Matt Gailliot at the University of Amsterdam have shown that increasing glucose can actually help individuals master temptation on willpower-demanding tasks2. These researchers have demonstrated that glucose may indeed be an important impulse control fuel that plays a key role in how leaders think, make decisions, take risks, and cope with ambiguity.

What a great execuse to eat some chocolate I thought–at least until I asked my wife who is a registered dietitian if this was a great idea (she is the one who always tells me there are “no good or bad foods–just good and bad diets”). She reminded me that our body metabolizes sugar quickly but some food groups (e.g., fruits and vegetables) maintain a steady supply of glucose to our brain throughout the day (damn dietitians).


Access Source, Its Great Content And This Article:  http://results.envisialearning.com/

No comments: