Wednesday, February 11, 2009

John Maxwell And Leadership: "The Boomerang Effect", From Slot Machine to Stock Market: Investment Strategies for Relationships

From Slot Machine to Stock Market: Investment Strategies for Relationships GiANT Impact

From Slot Machine to Stock Market: Investment Strategies for Relationships
By Dr. John C. Maxwell

Excerpts:

As I matured, I begin to place a higher value on people. As I made this transition, I noticed a fascinating development: the more I gave to relationships, the more I seemed to gain from relationships. In my book, Winning With People, I named this phenomenon The Boomerang Principle. What you put into relationships has a way of coming back to you.

During my time in leadership, I've noticed that people fall into three broad categories with regards to how they view relationships.

Instead of viewing relationships as a slot machine, picture them like the stock market. To get rich, make regular deposits in people over an extended period of time. At first, you may feel like the value of what you're putting in isn't worth the investment. However, like the stock market, in the long run, you'll reap dividends and earn rewards.

Read full article: http://www.giantimpact.com/articles/read/article_from_slot_machine_to_stock_market_investment_strategies_for_relatio/?utm_source=leadershipwired&utm_medium=email&utm_content=article&utm_campaign=lw-20090210

***********************************************************************
This posting was made my Jim Jacobs, President & CEO of Jacobs Executive Advisors. Jim also serves as Leader of Jacobs Advisors' Insurance Practice.

No comments: